Monday, April 25, 2005

The Candy Store

I've owned a candy store and coffee shop at Lakeside Mall for about a year and a half now. I have always wanted to go into business ever since I graduated from Central Michigan University back in 1981.
It has always been important for me to own something, to call something mine. It meant more to me than anything just about anything in the world.
The first year we lost money. A combination of high rent and low foot traffic made it difficult to make ends meet. Now we enjoy a better lease and lower payroll and we've found a way to make ends meet.
Most businessmen would want to buckle down after getting through the difficult part and make this thing profitable.
Not me. I want to sell the store.
Why?
Little B.
Little B is my three year old son. And he hates when daddy leaves the house on weekends to go run the store. He's tugged at my leg when I try to leave and more importantly he has tugged at my heart.
"Don't go daddy. Lets play."
I try to explain it to him, but I am his guy. And the most important thing in life for him is to hang with daddy. I got into this business to help pay for my daughter Celine and Little B's college education. But the only education that matters to him is when we do our alphabets or count to 10.
Little B and my family means more to me than anything, that includes the dream of owning a business.
So Candy Express/Seattle's Best Coffee is on the block. It is a good set up for someone who does not have a Little B at home and wants to run the place themselves. It is not a good set up for someone who writes for The Detroit News, works at AM 1270 The Sports Station and does twice a week commentary at Fox Sports Net.
I realize I am trying to juggle too much. There are not enough hours in the day. I need to drop something and devote more time to watching Little B ride his bike, feed the ducks and use my stomach and chest as a trampoline.
You are still invited to check out our store. It is located by Sears near the food court on the second level of Lakeside Mall. You can also check out our web site at Detroitsweets.com.
We'd love your business and support. And if someone ends up buying it please show them some love also.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's your asking price Mr. Foster?

11:57 AM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

If you want to talk to me about bids on the candy store call my voice mail at the news at 313 222 1494.

12:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can appreciate your priorities, Terry. Putting Little B first shows you're a good father and he should grow up to be a great man.

12:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Using domain network registration solution to register your domain names?!?!?! Nope, check out Register Better . com to see what options are available for cheap or free domain names including the new loopholes!

7:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home