CAN YOU TOP THIS? SATURDAY WITH THE KIDS
This will not always be about sports. It will be about real life at times.
Today I begin a weekly feature on fun things to see and do around Detroit. I love lists and this is my first top five list.
Your job is to add to it. I will tell you my top five things to see and do. And I want you to tell me yours. I will try some of your ideas and post my observations.
I have two kids. Celine is 5 and Brandon is 3. We love doing things together. Here is our top five list of things to see or do.
What are we missing?
1. THE EASTERN MARKET: The kids love riding in the wagon and people watch. We buy sausage sandwiches, eat pastries and buy meats and fruits and vegetables. It gives them an opportunity to learn about new things and we always find new friends.
2. CHUCK E. CHEESE: I cannot stand the pizza and I always run out to BW3's to pick up some wings for the road. However, the kids think the pizza and drinks are the best in the world and they love to run and meet new kids.
3. BELLE ISLE: It looks like the old girl has taken a terrific beating. It has blemishes all over the place. They closed the aquarium and it needs a make over. However, the kids love the giant play area in the center of the island because they get to meet new kids. We always raid the pantry for stale bread to feed the ducks.
4. THE HANDS ON MUSEUM ANN ARBOR: Let me make a confession. We have not actually been to this museum, but we have been to the one in Philadelphia twice. But we plan on making the trip. It is my understanding this one is nice than the one in Philly. It is a great place for kids to touch, feel, run and learn.
5. COSTCO: I know you are shaking your heads over this one, but my kids love Costco. They love to shop and eat the samples. The place is so big they just think it is special. My son Little B jumps for joy when I tell him we are going to Costco. And every time we pass one he says :
Let me see your list.