Thursday, June 02, 2005

I AM HOSTING A CHARITY EVENT DOWNTOWN FRIDAY

I am taking a mini break from the web log. There is a lot going on and I need to take a few days to focus on them.
However, I wanted to take time to invite you to the 9th Annual Loyola High School Benefit this Friday at the Detroit Athletic Club's outdoor parking lot. I am hosting the event prior to the Tigers taking on the Baltimore Orioles at Comerica Park.
Loyola does not take on the best and brightest. It is an all boys Catholic high school on Detroit's west side that turns at risk boys into the best and brightest. It is a cause I hope to champion more in the future because helping our youth become productive citizens is very important.
The school survived the ax that fell a number of high schools in part because the staff there works feverishly to raise money to survive. After touring the school a few weeks ago it is something I felt it was important to get involved.
The pregame party begins at 5 p.m. and lasts until just before the opening pitch. There will be good and drink and don't worry about dressing up. It is casual. But if you want to wear something to impress the ladies that is cool also.
There will be raffles, sports memorabilia silent auctions and the main prize will be a Super Bowl raffle. The winner gets two tickets to Super Bowl XL in Ford Field.
Tickets for the event or Super Bowl raffle can be purchased by calling the school at 313-861-2407.
So come by and say hello. Hopefully we can share a few laughs and help a good cause.

10 Comments:

Anonymous - Lou - said...

Sounds like a good cause. I might stop by and make a bid in the auction. It's only a few minutes from my work, and I'll do anything to avoid that Friday northbound I-75 traffic!

9:40 AM

 
Blogger Area Man said...

3:23am????? wow....what in the world are you doing blogging in the middle of the night?

2:55 PM

 
Blogger Leelanau Sports Guy said...

Terry, good luck with everything. I hope it all works out for you. I am way up in northern Michigan, but miss your column, so was glad when the sports dude posted a link on his blog to you. I have since done the same. I am also a young father like yourself and respect you for all of your hard work. Ever need any "Northern Michigan" help, let me know.

Great blog!

4:42 PM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

Leelanau sports guy,
Thank you very much. If we expand and need some northern exposure I will definitely look your way. Thanks for the compliments on the web log. This might actually expand to a web page. I will let you know. I also may do something for another professional web site. I will keep everybody posted.

3:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog! sometimes funny, always informative. I have added you to my bookmarks and will be checking back often, please keep posting this great information

I have a site about discount web hosting

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

7:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I discuss this topic daily myself. I also have a website that talks about hosting hosting prestonswebhosting.com web web related things. Go check it out if you get a chance.

12:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There is a lot of useful information about search engine position in it. We offer Turnkey Websites and Reliable Hosting. We also provide a blogging service that will help your site get indexed fast and keep the search engines visiting your site. Click here for more information about search engine position.
Thank you
TWP Admin

8:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Choosing a web site design and hosting host By: David Callan By David Callan You've spent a couple months developing a really great site with pages and pages of excellent content and now all you've to do is choose which web site design and hosting company...

10:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I discuss this topic daily myself. I also have a website that talks about free domain name service
related things. Go check it out if you get a chance.

4:05 AM

 
Anonymous Games said...

Information and best buys on products and services of all kinds. Games

8:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home