Sunday, August 28, 2005

College Football Tour for the Detroit News

My first stop is Friday in Mt. Pleasant when Central Michigan takes on Indiana in the season-opener at Kelley Shorts Stadium. My next stop is at Michigan State's home opener where there is a chance Little B might make his college football debut.
Every weekend afterwards I will stop by Michigan colleges both big and small looking for the meaning of college football. The Detroit News bought one of my ideas to travel across the state to write about slices of life surrounding collegiate games.
And I will report my findings to you every week.
The CMU game is significant because it is the first time a Big Ten team has played on campus. This is the biggest game in school history since the Chippewas beat Michigan State twice in Spartan Stadium.
There is also a chance The Sports Inferno might broadcast from Mt. Pleasant. We are trying to find a location to make it work.
After this weekend I don't know where I might end up. I may show up at Alma, Olivet, Hope or Wayne State. I am going to be on the look out for interesting stories. If you have any ideas please email them to FosterNews@aol.com. Or you can post right here.
I am excited about the project because I love new discoveries.
I will also have a new responsibility with The Detroit News, but I cannot say what just yet.
Stay tuned.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grand Valley State. Should be on their way to their thrid title this year. People don't realize what a big college town Allendale is. Worth a vist, I think.

11:56 AM

 
Blogger Steve-oh said...

Terry - There's a BW3 in Mt. Pleasant. Since you're hitting a bunch of the Detroit-area locations, that might be a possibility. There's also a sports bar called O'Kellys that Sports Illustrated ranked as one of the best near a campus in the country.

2:41 PM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

Steve Oh,
Someone told me about O'Kelly's. I would love to stop by. I think it might be officially too late to set up a remote there. I just might go there, hang out and write a little something about it.
Thanks for the suggestion.

4:45 PM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

I am going to make Allendale one of my stops. I just need to figure out when.

4:46 PM

 
Blogger billionaire said...

Terry spill the beans what is DetNews going to do with you and if so I think you should give us bloggers at least a free dinner at the whitney since in a way we helped force the DetNews to recognize your talents again hahahha
www.sportsinferno.com

8:10 PM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

billionaire,
They are going to do something. I am doing something fun. I will let you know. If I spill the beans they might change their mind. So lets play it slow. LOL

12:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terry,

Everyone at Wayne State would love to for the program to get a little pub. The football program may be awful, but it sure would be fun to see them written up. Hope you can make it.

Andy

7:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terry,

you should for sure check out some of those MIAA schools. Adrian is an interesting story, in a school of about 950 students, the football roster sits at around 130. Roughly one in three males at the school play football.

10:52 AM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

The Adrian story is very interesting. I will look into that one. I will hit the small schools. No doubt.

4:19 PM

 
Blogger dildo_farts said...

Who the hell cares about those dumb schools just Michigan should get all the pub GO BLUE u idiots need stop trying to promote your dumb little community colleges and enjoy your careers at McDonalds you fags

8:48 PM

 
Blogger Steve-oh said...

Terry - If you're thinking MIAA, Alma is a pretty fun team to watch. They run an offense that is probably best compared to fast-break basketball - the offensive coordinator calls a formation, then the QB (who is in shotgun all the time) makes a read and decides who to throw to. If it's a running play, it's a direct snap to the RB. At least that's how it was run when I went down there a couple years ago to watch, and the coaches haven't changed.

Also, former MSU QB John Leister is the offensive coordinator there, and he's also the baseball coach. Lots of interesting angles.

10:17 PM

 
Blogger dildo_farts said...

steve-oh next time you post some bullshit try to make sense u idiot

10:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With a screen name like "dildo farts" and grammar like that, you probably couldn't pass your GED exam. Nice commentary, idiot.

Andy

7:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a performance parts site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

See Ya There!!!

7:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home