Thursday, August 25, 2005

Did Anyone Die After Latest Pistons Rumor?

Well it seems as if my rumor created quite a stir. Now some of you want to question my journalistic integrity because of it.
For those who missed it there was a rumor circulating that the Pistons were talking trade with the Chicago Bulls. They were rumored to be considering sending Rasheed Wallace to the Bulls for Tyson Chandler and Andres Nocioni.
I made sure you knew it was a rumor and not an impending trade. Well some of you went nuts after I checked with folks later who said the trade rumor is not true.
Now here is what I've been hearing from a number of you the past five months.
We don't like the Detroit newspapers because we have to find out all the Pistons rumors from ESPN or the Denver Post blah blah blah. We just want to hear what people are saying. Blah blah blah.
So I write a fun rumor to discuss among yourselves and yall become the second coming of Lou Grant.
And these are the same people who love Peter Vecsey from the New York Post, although about 85 percent of his stuff is garbage
Let me see. What harm did writing the rumor cause?
Did someone jump off a building?
Did the Pistons shut down?
Did Rasheed Wallace read the blog and run into hiding?
No. None of this happened. What happened is some of you liked the rumored trade and debated it. And some of you did not.
I hardly think society has been altered.
The good news is this web blog is getting read. I know it has been quoted in other web sites, Tigers General Manager Dave Dombrowski is not thrilled with some of the stuff in here and geeks from around the country have used it to peddle female products and medicine to make you more user friendly to your women.
In the future if some of you are too stupid to differentiate between rumor and fact, then just turn the page.
There are some interesting posts on "GetALife.blogspot.com

20 Comments:

Blogger billionaire said...

www.sportsinferno.com

7:37 AM

 
Blogger hitman said...

Big T throwin power punches, very well put. As long as you keep bringin it (truth/rumor don't matter) no explanations needed over here...

9:11 AM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

I will keep bringing it. I like power punches now and then

9:16 AM

 
Blogger BLR said...

It was a fun topic to debate and not like it was all that far fetched. MLive published a Garnett for both Wallaces trade...now that was off the wall.

10:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said it was a rumor. I don't understand how that inmugnes your credibility in the least.

10:33 AM

 
Anonymous Brian said...

Terry Foster-1 World-0

Right on T.

10:37 AM

 
Blogger Craig said...

I thought it was a great rumor! The hypcrisy of readers - to complain that Chris M filters too much before going to print yet blasting you for this is asanine...

Hell maybe Sheed DID read it and he'll play with some passion this year...

10:47 AM

 
Blogger the sports dude said...

Did I like to hear it, hell no? But, like you even said, it was a rumor. For people to get hell bent out of shape and question your cred... that is BS! I love reading this blog, it is great to see a professional writer "write" without chains. Furthermore, we have the opportunity to debate it with other fans, but it is even greater to me to debate it with someone who actually is in the profession.

People need to check themselves, I love what you do here and think it is great that you do it.

Later!

10:51 AM

 
Blogger Ian C. said...

Terry, are you sure your rumor isn't responsible for all the orange barrels on the highways? I was almost late for a dinner date last night. It's a good thing I can pick up some products to please the ladies from the other comments on your blog.

10:59 AM

 
Anonymous DetroitTitanFan said...

T- WE WANT MORE RUMORS, don't let a few lazy readers ruin it for the rest of us. Just because some have poor or no reading comprehension (and fly off the handle when they misread) doesn't mean that most of us don't love the gossip and speculation. Keep up the good work and keep giving us the inside scoop.

1:29 PM

 
Anonymous Chris said...

Keep giving said rumors!!! If they come from a legitimate source, then print it.

These execs talk daily about alot of things. They deny that they proposed or accepted or talked that trade. But, I'm sure that they inquired about lots of players and what they are doing.

I'm glad to see such things. Just classify it as a rumor.

I had no problem with the Garnett for Wallace x2 in the Toronto Sun.

I have a problem when I heard that the Pistons were interested in Maurice Evans from the Sacramento Bee almost a month ago and our lovely newspapers didn't pick up on it until now.

I have a problem when our NBA writers can't even give us a scouting report on Evans. Or, that the can't interview someone regarding what kind of player that this guy is. What are his strengths? Weaknesses? What Joe D/Pistons management sees in him?

I've always liked your work, Terry. Even if I don't agree with your point of view, at least you'd put something in print.

In that e-mail Ruben Luna replied to me on your 'promotion', he claimed that you could work on better things, not a typical 'off the cuff' column.

FUCK HIM. Why doesn't he get on his damn basketball writers to start gathering and putting together DAILY information on the Pistons.

Trust me, I'm sure Joe Dumars isn't just sitting on his ass playing Euchre with Hammond, Davidson, and Wilson all day.

4:14 PM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

if you dont the difference between rumor and story then I cannot help you. You are lost.

5:50 PM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

Ian,
I did not mention the orange barrels. I was responsible for that and I do apologiize for you being late.

5:51 PM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

The things the editors don't understand is that off the cuff column was popular. I have said it a hundred times when I wrote that column I could not keep up with the email. And I was getting stuff from all over the world. I also got some tips that panned into stories.

5:53 PM

 
Blogger dildo_farts said...

This is some racist shit, Jim vescey is white and he makes up trade rumors every day cause T Foster is black and hung like a horse everyone gets amd at him not cool guys

6:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim Vescey? Peter Gray? Werd?

7:44 AM

 
Anonymous Chris said...

Vescey is the great broken clock of NBA writers. Twice a day, he's right.

It just happens that the guy is right when the big, ultra crazy things happen.

I don't pretend to know why.

2:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think people were upset because the rumor seemed to come from an internet message board. One that was totally made up by a fan. Those have no business ever being repeated. Don't pretend to be a victim when you mess up, its not very becoming of a professional. Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but i just thought you'd want to hear from someone who is a fan of your work, but didn't like the bogus rumor.

11:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a hot rods site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

See Ya There!!!

7:45 AM

 
Blogger Habbas! said...

Remarkable blog. I take the neccesary time to find
blogs that are just as good as the ones you do.
Go by and hit my business cash advance blog, you'll be glad you did.

10:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home