Monday, September 05, 2005

Every Little Bit Helps

There have been a lot of kind people who've donated time and money to the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
I want to share a story about my kids Celine who turns 6 in two weeks and Little B who is 3. They were watching the news about the victims and said they wanted to help the people and wanted to give money.
I said the family was making a donation and daddy had it covered. But they insisted in making their own donation. They have dimes and quarters and pennies in their little piggy banks and they disappeared for a while and returned with a jar of money.
They wanted to donate so we counted their money and put $3.23 in an envelope and turned it in with the other family donation to the American Red Cross.
Now they feel as if they are helping. They are happy when they see people eating and drinking and they believe they are partly responsible.
Of course their little money won't go far. But I am happy to see my kids want to help others and I tell them that every little bit helps.

6 Comments:

Blogger J said...

i love those kids...even tho, their daddy is a fool!

11:57 AM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

watch yourself woman before you get hurt.

5:22 PM

 
Blogger dildo_farts said...

Nice story Terry seems you are on the right track in raising your kids to do the right thing wish more people had thier mentality some people just don't give a fuck as long as it don't happen to them.

6:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charity is a great thing to teach your kids. Just think if everyone gave $3.23 per person in the US - we could wipe out a lot of problems.

9:33 AM

 
Anonymous Matt S. said...

Hey Terry great thing you got goin on. I finally met you today, i was the delivery guy walking into the building during your commerical break and said i was a huge fan of the show. It was a prevlidge to meet you finally. Keep up the good work and im glad you guys are now goin till 2.. Dan Patrick wasn't doin it for me.

6:31 PM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

Matt,
Ahhhhhhh yesss. I remember meeting you and thank you for the kind words. I hope your delivery went well. Mike and I are plugging along with the show and we will see how the four hour format goes. Thank you for listening and I hope we make your deliveries go smoother.

5:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home